LEGO celebrates Chinese New Year with the 1st mega roadshow happening at JEM mall from 3rd January till 9th February (both dates inclusive). Lookout for exciting event promotions
General Public Event Details:
Where: L1 Jem Atrium, 50 Jurong Gateway Rd, Singapore 608549
When: 3 Jan – 9 Feb 2020
Daily from: Retail 10.30am-9.30pm, Activities 11am to 9pm
As we all wind down from the Christmas cheer, it’s easy to forget that Chinese New Year is less than four short weeks away! LEGO® is ushering in the new year with the launch of two brand new 2020 Chinese New Year sets! Fans of the popular building block innovator can now get their hands on the newest Chinese New Year Festival Special edition sets – LEGO® Lion Dance (RRP$119.90) and LEGO® Chinese New Year Temple Fair (RRP $179.90). Each one has been specially designed to commemorate the upcoming celebrations for the start of the new lunar year.
In addition to the release of the sets, LEGO® is bringing the famous bricks to life, with its first ever large-scale LEGO® Chinese New Year Event at Jem. From 3 January to 9 February 2020, you can come build, snap or simply view multiple life-sized structures based on the CNY festival sets and a LEGO® diorama, all themed especially for the celebratory season. It’ll be sure to provide you with many Instagrammable moments to share with friends or even a perfect selfie!
LEGO® Brings the Year of the Rat to Life at Jem
Consumers who spend over $38 on LEGO® at Jem (including spend at atrium) will get a “Mission card” and upon completion of all the activities (complete 2 activities on weekdays & 3 activities on weekends), will receive a Mystery polybag. Other rat-tastic fun will include:
- Get Together with Play: To kick-off the celebrations, for the first weekend only (January 3 – 5), LEGO® invites Singaporeans to come together and build Singapore’s biggest LEGO® CNY Giant Rat to celebrate the Year of the Rat!
- LEGO® Rat Building Competition: Team up with your kids, friends or family and come together to race against the time for this build. There will be weekly winners to walk home with prizes worth up to more than $200 each week!
- Drum Up the Lion: Come build the LEGO® Traditional Drum and beat it in front of the sleeping lion to awaken it from its slumber. But be careful though, you might hear a roar!
- Creative LEGO® Shadow Play: Tell your story through your very own shadow puppet play that is only available during the weekends!
- LEGO® Wishing Tree: Waiting on a dream for 2020? Come make your new year resolution by hanging your wishes on the LEGO® Wishing Tree. Pick a LEGO® Brick card to represent your wish from career to health, study, family, wealth, love and much more!
- LEGO® Give the Gift of Play: Spend a min. of $88 on any LEGO® playsets** at L1 Jem Atrium to receive a “Give the Gift of Play” lucky draw card. Wish for any LEGO® sets this CNY, and LEGO® will randomly fulfil 5 wishes at the end of the event!
- LEGO® Mascot Meet & Greet: Come catch LEGO® NINJAGO® Kai mascot on Saturday & Sunday to snap a photo and collect your CNY red packets with LEGO® bricks from him!
Exclusive Bundle Deals & Gifts!
Besides fun building activities, LEGO® is offering exclusive event promos during the event. On the first three days (3 – 5 January), early-birds can purchase an event exclusive Chinese New Year bundle containing both the new CNY sets and limited-edition LEGO® Traditional Drum & LEGO® Candy Box for S$299. Those who purchase any LEGO® sets over $98 at the event (excluding CNY sets), can choose an event-exclusive limited edition gift with purchase between LEGO® Traditional Drum & LEGO® Candy Box, while stocks last or if they spend over $88 on LEGO® sets (excluding CNY sets) anywhere across Singapore, they will receive a limited-edition LEGO® Year of the Rat (40355) set as a gift with purchase (while stocks last).
Additionally, shoppers who spend $238 or more on any products in Jem, will be able to show a total of 3 combined receipts to redeem a limited-edition LEGO® Peach Flower Pot gift set, to be picked up from the mall concierge.
LEGO® will also be offering discounts at the Chinese New Year atrium from January 3 to February 9, with select sets at $38, $68 & $88 – over 37% off regular set prices as well as a limited-stock Prosperity Bag (worth $179.90), for only $88, whilst stocks last.
The Chinese New Year Festival Sets
This year’s Chinese New Year sets will be sure to delight.
The LEGO® Lion Dance set beautifully creates a well-loved celebration that occurs during the Spring Festival and is sure to evoke fond memories in people of all ages. The set features 5 immaculately created lion figurines and even features a percussionists’ stage with a real-life drumming function. Rounding out the set, is a temple gate adorned with traditional patterns and over a dozen additional items commonly seen during the event.
The LEGO® Chinese New Year Temple Fair set comes with all the pieces and accessories your family needs to role-play a miniaturized version of this beloved event. The set includes stalls displaying a vast, colorful array of LEGO® versions of authentic items including 14 minifigures and a special LEGO® minifigure family.
Sets are available now and can be purchased from LEGO® Certified Stores and participating outlets across Singapore.